Well back from the British International Comics Show 2009. This is the third con I've been to and it was mostly an enjoyable weekend. Sketching and watching the world go by on the Tabella table was fun. Visitors to the exhibition were ushered in by a brilliant sneering Judge Dredd, the ubiquitous storm troopers guarded the perimeter, I washed my hands next to Batman in the toilet, saw the Joker and Harly Quinn (oooooh) wandering around.Here I am at Kevin's Tabella Table.
Here are some of the sketches, I'll put colour versions of these on the blog sometime. Not sure if their presence helped or hindered sales but they were fun to do anyway.


As predicted I spent a small fortune on books. I'll mention in more detail when I've read them but the pick of the crop thus far has to be Paul Rainey's latest. Those of you familiar with the story (well worth catching up with if you aren't already) of There's no time like the present will be interested to know that Kelly makes a return. I tried to winkle the ending out of Paul when buying my copies at his table but no dice.

Without realising it I bought the bluest comic ever, Firkin by Tim Manley & Hunt Emerson, almost every page has womens' or mens' rude parts on it. Not to be read on the train.
Nice one Dave, Waterstones won't know what's hit them. Now just to get it in the window at uni!
ReplyDeleteA blue comic surely that is for the toilets on the train!!
Nice one Dave. Good to see you there. Your drawings look good - I'll take one of them off your hands. Chuffed for you.
ReplyDeleteDon't worry about picking up the mucky-book you "inadvertently" came home with, everyone has at least one in the collection.
It must have taken an age to find a T-shirt that matched exactly the presentation stand background. Marvelous! That very bright, glistening gray tone. Very becoming. And better posture please Squire when sitting. At your age you have to watch that spine thing. Yes, indeed the B.I.C.S is indeed a lovely event. The sketches do look rather sweet,'The captain' particular.
ReplyDeleteGood work. Keep up. And do keep up boy!