A fine day. En route to Crosby to view Anthony Gormleys 'Another Place' statues at Crosby (details to follow) we popped by Poulton le Fylde to sample comic creator Rob Jackson's homemade ice cream. Bloody good it is too, between us we tasted blackberry, gooseberry, rhubarb and sweet potato (which has been rubbed off the blackboard as we bought the last one). Don't be afraid of the sweet potato, it was nice, and personally I can't stand them usually. For me, the blackberry was the winner.
I fancied trying the Kreik (cherry beer), but there's only so much ice cream a man can cope with in one day eh?
Highly recommended.
The day involved a feast of art too, as you may note from the photograph that I've purchased the original artwork from the cover of the pasty anthology off Rob. I can't wait to see this one on the wall.
No comments:
Post a Comment