Also, as a new homeowner I've been busy thinking about the many jobs required. I can say that I must be a real man now, as I own an electric drill. Here is a picture of some shelves I put up, they are reasonably planar, albeit a bit wobbly, and probably good for loads of anything up to a couple of kilograms. Don't lean on them whatever you do.
All of this is encapsulated in Paul Rainey's dead funny 'Son of Thatcher' strip from his Lovebomb comic (out of print I think, but if you can get your hands on a copy it's well worth it).

Some good books on the pile too: the latest There's no time like the present (penultimate one coming out soon), The Adventure Journal of Sin Cat (which goes hand in hand with the barmiest blog I've seen in a while), The Red Monkey stories by Joe Daley.
Some reviews of Gin Palace too:
Can't get the links to work, it's a shame because that Son of Thatcher strip is topsmart. Ho hum. Just to give you the gist the pictures are of things from Paul's house with Mine! above every one.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations for your new house and your electrical drill!
ReplyDeleteI was thinking of getting that 'Red Monkey Stories' book when I make some money, let us know what it's like when you've read it.
ReplyDeleteThe Red Monkey's good, really enjoyed it. Funny bits, action, stunning backgrounds. Some of it's a bit skate dude for me but that's the only critism. Herge on hash.
ReplyDelete