Sunday, 27 September 2009

Thomas Wogan is Dead

Here's the snazzy new cover of TWID. We've gone for a more 'book' like appearance than the first print, hope we like it.

And here's some sneak peaks of the insides. There are some differences to the original version, the most noticable of which, I feel, is the addition of a commercial font. I gave this some serious thought after Tabella suggested looking at the lettering. I think I'll keep my own lettering for some projects and use fonts for others, they're certainly not as emotive, but they offer a regularity and overall look which lends itself well to certain projects. I definately think they work here.

I'm surprised to find myself talking this way about fonts, I've long been a stubborn old goat on this topic.


I'm not sure about availability yet, other than it's being launched at BICs 2009 (see earlier post), looking forward to BICs, not least having a rucksac full of comics to read on the train back.
Hope it goes well, details to follow.
There are no salamanders in the book.

4 comments:

  1. Looks great. I've always been against computer fonts myself before but it does look right for Thomas there. Good luck at BICS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations - I bought a copy of the 'unfancy' one a few months back and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scholarly Font & Image combination Hughes.
    Works like Toast and Beans and Egg and Marmite.
    A Hardy & Laurel contrast.
    You chose the correct choice out of the choices.

    ReplyDelete