Monday, 7 September 2009

Gutted!

I got the idea from Rob Jacksons site to have a bash at a submission for the coveredblog (well worth a look, my favourite is Mike Lowerys Spiderman). They rejected mine as well but it was great fun to do. So much so that I might have another bash sometime, though as I'm not sure what criteria it failed on it's not clear what I would need to do differently. It may be that I didn't pay enough attention to the background or it's too different to the original. Ho hum.




5 comments:

  1. surprised they didnt go for that, its really nice
    rob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Rob, as with your submission, it's hard to second guess isn't it? I suppose he must get so many contributors that lots of people get turned down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess it was not the "Incredible yolk" day. Too bad, because your cover looks pretty good to me (maybe missing more text like the original?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I was thinking the same, perhaps I should have rushed a bit less and bothered to put the extra text on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's awesome... You should send them an email asking why it was rejected. You'll get bonus points if you start it with the line, 'don't make me angry'.

    ReplyDelete